Post one: Teaching Assistant Level 2 (or equivalent experience)
SCP 6-11 Salary £14,189 - £15,665.52 pro-rata
Required Immediately until 31 August 2020 Fixed Term Contract Term Time Only 32.5 Hours per week
We are looking to recruit an experienced Level 2 SEN Teaching Assistant (or equivalent experience), to support a Key Stage 2 child with social, emotional and mental health needs. You will work as a member of a team, supporting the child with their individual teaching and learning plan as well as daily one-to-one work based on the child’s specific areas of need.
We are looking for someone who is:
· experienced in supporting children with social, emotional and mental health needs
· creative and innovative, especially in order to bring learning to life
· committed to team work, sharing and receiving ideas for the benefit of the children in our care
· can use initiative to work in a one-to-one or small group setting
· able to work proactively, with a high level of commitment
We can offer you the opportunity to:
· work in a high achieving, popular and forward looking school
· develop your skills alongside a team of dedicated and highly professional staff who are deeply committed to improving the life chances of the children in our local community
· be supported in your role by a range of school based and external expertise
· develop professionally including relevant training, where appropriate
The successful applicant will require good maths and literacy skills to work one to one with a EHCP child in Key Stage Two (Year 6). You will need to be able to demonstrate initiative and independent action and the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of people. Experience of ADHD, ASD and Team Teach desirable.